Workshop on Vedic Jurisprudence on 22-23 Feb at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi [Register by 20 Feb]
About the BHU and Workshop
Banaras Hindu University is an internationally reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. Banaras Hindu University is organising a Workshop on Vedic Jurisprudence and its Impact on Contemporary World.
The Centre for Vedic Sciences (CVS) is a study and research institution of the ‘Vedic Corpus’ in India which was established in Banaras Hindu University and funded by the government of Uttar Pradesh in the year 2018 for preserving and transforming the Vedic knowledge in contemporary India. The CVS is working for exploring the ignored ancient Indian Vedic Corpus related to various sciences through the study of ancient literature.
The centre is also willing to publish monographs, critically edited text and translation, books and an International Refereed Research Journal Annually. The prime objective is to establish this Centre for Vedic Sciences as a premier institution of the world in the domain of Vedic sciences as a world-leading institution.
The themes and sub-themes
- Vedic Tradition and Constitutional Values: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Vedic Philosophy and Jurisprudence: Dharma as a Source of Law, Concept of Justice, Duty Based Society, Role of King in Administration of Justice, Justice without Law, Ethics, Morality and Law.
- Hindu Family Law: Law relating to Marital and Quasi Marital Relationship, Law relating to Parental and Quasi Parental Relationship including Legitimacy and Adoption, Law of Joint Hindu Family: Coparcenary and Coparcenary Property, Law of Partition, Law of Debts and Doctrine of Pious Obligation, Law of Inheritance, Stridhana.
- Law Relating to Property and Tax: Meaning and Kinds of Property, Ownership and Possession: Nature and Modes of Acquisition, Transfer of Ownership, The Law of Bailment and other, Incorporeal Rights, Law of Gift and Pledge, Tax Structure and Punishment for Default, Land Rights.
- Principle of Wrong and Procedure: Civil Wrong, Criminal Wrong, International Crime, Procedure for Implementation of Law, Concept and Forms of Punishment. Justification for Punishment i.e. Expiation, Atonement, Just Deserts, Individualization of Punishment.
- Public Administration and International Relation: Rules regarding to Public Administration, Concept of Democracy and International Relations.
- Environmental concern in Indian Tradition: Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution, Approach of Development and Sustainable Consumption, Duties for Environment Protection.
Students or Professional at any recognized School/College/University in India are eligible to participate.
Registration form provided has to be filled and sent to the email address provided in the brochure. With the subject “NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON VEDIC JURISPRUDENCE & ITS IMPACT ON CONTEMPORARY WORLD”
Registration fee: 200 INR
Last date of Registration: 20th February 2020
Date of National Workshop: 22nd – 23rd February 2020
Dr. Upendra Kumar Tripathi: Associate Professor, Faculty of SVDV, Banaras Hindu University,
Dr. Anoop Kumar: Assistant professor, Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University,
Mobile No. 8853825728, Email. anoopkumarlaw[at]gmail.com